How can the COVID-19 Coronavirus be cured?
Unfortunately, at present, there is no cure available for the new Covid-19 coronavirus. Some patients have recovered however doctors are effectively treating symptoms and providing life support to patients.
There is no specific antiviral treatment or cure recommended for COVID-19. People with COVID-19 should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms. For severe cases, treatment should include care to support vital organ functions.
Currently, prevention should take precedence over cure through hand hygiene as referenced in my earlier posts.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.